
Saturday, September 16, 2006

woo.
hhaha this month marks the first anniversary with God. Before i start, let me set the tone right. yes i admit, initially i written this thing to kinda like make it look HOOHAH about this all, but i thought about it and yea, i think it's kinda nice to actually track back on how i came to Jesus and track some of the hardest times and the sweetest times that this decision has made.
I don't know how I first came to know about Him. Perhaps it was after Shok Mei decided to become a Christian then I started to really take notice of it. I admit, i was very irritated then- why did so many people want to turn to Christ?! Then, I see the cross as a cult. Everything back then looked very bad whenever i see the cross. And i started to search out for my OWN religion - buddhism. yeap, i started to get crazy. After my trip to Chiangmai, i bough a wooden buddha figure. kinda wanted to worship it. I was so agitated with Christianity back then. Then, i started to read up on buddhism books. I started to praying to buddha every night before I slept. I was struggling with my own character then. I din know who i really was and i wanted to be that super popular guy among gals. That was what i wanted to be back then. And i prayed to buddha that he would transform me to that.
But well, the campaign was short-live - after one week, that buddha figure just collected dust. i no longer looked after it. And then, i started to go back to self-help books. I read up on it almost everyday. I kinda worship it if u wanna look at it another way. yeap it did help, a lot in fact. Many things were happening back then - My dad's relationship with my aunt turned sour after having a good relationship with her for about 20 over years over my cousin's shop rental; i suddenly had to started adapting to a life where i no longer returned to my aunt's house after school. Everything came so fast i din know what to do. The self help books was helping me, but at the same time, it draw lots of energy coz I was busy trying out their methods. Then there was this day, while packing my stuffs, i chanced upon the Holy Bible. i din know what strength it was that made me pick up that book and bring it all the way back to my house, without being discovered. Perhaps, if i din pick up that book that day, things would be different now. but i am glad i did.
I started reading it. Page by page, word by word. I read Genesis first, coz like any unsaved man, i read it like a story book. Then suddenly i started to understand a little about Adam and Eden and what the Adam's apple was. =P interesting. every night i just read. And one day I heard a voice to ask me to pray. And i did it. I just sat there. I din know what to say. Oh, and that time iwas in a relationship with X ( for her sake, i axed out the real name). It was all good but i could not cope with the pressure of that relationship. Also, I just put down my council duties and back then, council had been my source of joy for the last two years. It also kept me busy enough to think of the pressing needs at hands. And suddenly - all the things that had been keeping me strong and going was gone. But, I just went on. And just when ithought things were at it's worst state, it wasn't. It was just about to get even worse: the spirit of Lust came upon our relationship.
So what happened eventually? How did i tide it through? How did Christ came in such an Anti-Christ atmosphere? Are you going through the same thing? Stay Tune.
Kevin Ang Qi Ye @ 8:12 AM
"Sorry also must exprain"
------------
BahChorMeeMan Says:
Move on?
Move on your si lang tau ah....
Tagbox
Music.
zai wor. =P
Links
crystal
mer.
shok
becky
talia
fifi
fanglu
carmen
lihong
eugene
changyuan
cornerstone
06s210
sheenaaaa
created2worship
alvinfcbykaiwei
wrc.com
meridian jc
volleyball assoc. singapore
1 faith fm
for your links, tag.
Archives
wait lah... not up yet!
Brought to you by:
illusionation
MrBrown.com
Best Suited in:
-Internet connections(duh!)
-Internet Explorer 6
-Mozilla Firefox