
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
haaa yeap, in the previous article, i talked about how I came to know Christ through a rather peculiar way and interesting way. In this article, i wanna talk to you guys about how my infant days as a Christian was like.
After i today's reading of the Foundations of the Faith by Paul G. Caram, I learnt one thing. That at salvation( that means at the point in time when you recognise God and let Him enter your heart), you have imputed righteousness. That means, God makes you righteous but you are not made righteous yet. Righteousness has then got to be learnt through experience and by following God's will for you life.
After getting to know Christ, i refused to place myself in a church. One is the fear of having to commit to a church, which i thought then would be insane. Yes, i had the thought that going to church was something as a future. I can grow as a Christian even without the Church. just me and God and a private growth. i thought so too, but one night, as me and Shok Mei was searching for a church, for me, it was perhaps just casual browsing and looking around, I came upon Cornerstone Community Church. It was just a 2 mins walk away from my house. And living there for close to 10 years, i din even know a church existed there. At that moment, i knew that God was trying to tell me something.Oh, I may say, I din recognise that as something God said, but on hindsight, i felt God spoke to me that day. I emailed the church, just wanting to know more. From then on, life was like Xbox 360: One big change.
It was a friday, I went to the church cafe (of course without my parents knowing it yet ) and met up with two complete strangers. Yes, I was meeting up with two complete strangers. Two people whom I don't even know who they are. Yet, at the first look, they recognised me. They came up and said hi to me. :) Pastor Daniel and Isaiah. They were great. They just seemed super super on to see me and they got very excited. Both of them sat down and asked me how I got to know Christ. haha.. the interesting part: no one of my age ever did what i did: emailing the church asking them to intro me to the church ( as said by Pastor Daniel) hhahaa.. then pastor daniel went off first to do some things. I sat down with Isaiah. He treated me coffee. AHH I MISS OLIVE BRANCH COFFEE. but now it's gone.. haiz. :( hhaha yeap so that's not the point. I received my Assurance of Salvation and sat down to chat with Isaiah. haha he told me his story: how he knew Christ. hahha I wun write it down as yet.. =P later part. yeap and I got very inspired. After that he just brought me around the Church. From the main hall to the main office. i got to know some staff. but i din get to meet pastor yang in person. hhaha i'm just super fascinated by pastor yang.
Well, i din really had an intention to stay on in that church. What eventually made me stay was the very first sermon i heard: the Nature of Temptation. yeap. and at that moment i was dealing with the problem of Lust. nice coincidence? =) yeap... that moment something just struck me that if i stay on in Cornerstone, my life would never be the same. I listen it a lot of times. Everyday when icame back from school and any time when i had free time, i just listened to it and jut enjoy it. That sermon and it's verses became my weapon against lust. Everytime I tread along that path where me and the girl met often, I just played that sermon and just soak in the presence and protection of God. I felt quite a few times: at times I would be so tempted to just meet the girl again. At time I was just so tempted to just go to her house. But God's word just rang in my head. Well, at that time, I was pretty much like an unsaved person: vulnerable and easily attacked. But God still kept me strong; his Word and his protection.
It took me a month or so to get over. After a month, my desire to see that girl weaken. I no longer wanted to see her that much. With much more faith and after i started to engage in prayer and quiet time, I no longer desire to see her. But friends, I just wanna say: Don't get yourself messed up with Lust. It took quite some effort to get over it, and after that, you have to continually work it away until God let us have dominion over lust. yeap... so till here bah, igtg now.. continue next time! please stay tune and thanks so much for reading it..
Kevin Ang Qi Ye @ 4:44 AM
"Sorry also must exprain"
------------
BahChorMeeMan Says:
Move on?
Move on your si lang tau ah....
Tagbox
Music.
zai wor. =P
Links
crystal
mer.
shok
becky
talia
fifi
fanglu
carmen
lihong
eugene
changyuan
cornerstone
06s210
sheenaaaa
created2worship
alvinfcbykaiwei
wrc.com
meridian jc
volleyball assoc. singapore
1 faith fm
for your links, tag.
Archives
wait lah... not up yet!
Brought to you by:
illusionation
MrBrown.com
Best Suited in:
-Internet connections(duh!)
-Internet Explorer 6
-Mozilla Firefox