
Saturday, September 23, 2006
In this final part of my 3 part series, i will be talking about how this past 1 year has been for me. And at the end of this series, if you felt something stirring within you, or if this article has blessed you, please email or tag! anyone can tag or email! :)
Eventually, i told my parents that i was a Christian. I remember it was at Dunman food centre. And I was prepared to carry the cross from that day onwards. The moment i told my mum, i thought she would be very angry, but no, she was not. Instead, she asked me to select my religion wisely. Although she has not acknowledged me as a Christian till now, I pray that this day will come.
What's next? I went for my first church service. Rather afraid and fearful! yeap, and anxious too. But it was more of fear than anxiety. And yes, i waited for Cliff to come. At the same time, I had to make sure my parents dun see me! haha yeap... now to make things worse, Cliff came late. so I waited very long there. Eventually, we went up around 11am, after a full 45 mins of wait. God is a comforter, and the moment i ended the church service, i just felt like staying for even longer! now, going church is like literally a slow evening jog. haha i just want to go. :)
Eventually, i started to attend cell group meeting. My first cell group meeting, i was so popular. =P cliff asked me to go to his, and another TK girl who went to cornerstone, Jasmine, she also asked me to go to hers. hhaha but eventually i chose Cliff's coz i was closer to him than jasmine. i din really know Jasmine then.
And then, I finally went for my first 1 big day this year. yeap, it was a mere short 10 mins there. Coz i queued up for like 20mins. haha! slow, but WHO CARES! :D can go can liao. =P yeap, it was fun. The music was blaring loud, but u just felt like singing. it's just so nice to be there! :)
This month, September, marks the first anniversary. i am really waiting and just beholding the second anniversary! =) praise God for faith to keep me for a year. Now, we're going on. :)
At times, being Christian, i forget to take a perspective from the unbeliever. Well, I won't regret being a Christian. Although every Sunday and Saturday, I have to burden myselves for church and every morning, i have to wake up 1 hour beforehand to pray and read the Word, i still prefer being a Christian. God has really kept me away from many unnecessary trouble and through prayer and the Word, i believe i will find my life purpose and go on to help many others. I also have gotten to know great people - my Christian brothers and sister - and also great people like Isaiah and Pastor Dan ( which the Strait Times never ever know about ) who have helped me greatly in my life and are so bent on helping others. Though i might have lost some freedom, i think it's the freedom that i rather lose-The freedom to break the law, the freedom to lust, the freedom to scold vulgarity, the freedom to be carnal- i rather lose them.
God took me from the depths of destruction and turned me from a anti-Christ to a person that runs for God everyday. I believe He can do the same to you. He gives you support and gives you hope when you need them. He is there for you. Last time, I felt like i lacked something. Even when i was in the EXCO and could balance my studies very well, i felt depressed. I felt that i was underperforming. I felt that there was something missing in my life and in my heart that could only be accomplished by getting more achievements. And Satan was kind to me, he just let me achieve and I got everyting that i could get, plus much more pride and much more unhappiness. But after Jesus came to my life, despite my circumstances, I can smile and feel happy every morning. I dun need a reason to smile. I just need Jesus. S
Similarly, if you are feeling sad or you feel that something is missing, perhaps you need to come to Christ. You need to just open your hearts and just hear Him. You dun need to do anything but just open your heart and believe in Him. You might feel, oh, I am so unworthy. Well do you think i am more worthy than you when Jesus came to save me? No, I am equally unworthy. BuT God will forgive us, because at the cross, the blood that Jesus shed has paid for our sins. We are declared sinless the moment we accept Jesus! :)
I invite you, whether you are a Buddhist or Hindi or Taoist or any other religion or race, if you believe, just close your eyes and call out to Jesus, just as i did that night. He will come to you. if only you believe.
And if you do respond, please email me or tag! :) i will so like to hear from you! :)
to know more about this magnificient God that i have, i have a link to Cornerstone and you can just click it to get there! =)
so as we end this, I wish you all the best in your life and may you...prosper? =X haha. see you guys!
Kevin Ang Qi Ye @ 6:44 PM
"Sorry also must exprain"
------------
BahChorMeeMan Says:
Move on?
Move on your si lang tau ah....
Tagbox
Music.
zai wor. =P
Links
crystal
mer.
shok
becky
talia
fifi
fanglu
carmen
lihong
eugene
changyuan
cornerstone
06s210
sheenaaaa
created2worship
alvinfcbykaiwei
wrc.com
meridian jc
volleyball assoc. singapore
1 faith fm
for your links, tag.
Archives
wait lah... not up yet!
Brought to you by:
illusionation
MrBrown.com
Best Suited in:
-Internet connections(duh!)
-Internet Explorer 6
-Mozilla Firefox